11.20.2010

Red and It's a Mad, Mad, Mad, Mad World


Red & It’s a Mad Mad Mad World

I don’t understand how a writer can have Morgan Freeman die in a movie. RED and It’s a Mad Mad Mad World are only similar in only a couple ways if you ask me. Those similarites would be that they both are comedies and they both have a fairly old cast. That’s where the similarites end as far as I am concerned. It’s a Mad Mad Mad World is basically the original version of Rat Race. That being said I enjoyed It’s a Mad Mad Mad World far more greater then RED. I believe that It’s a Mad Mad Mad world’s story was better, and the dialogue was better especially from a comedy aspect. Also, I loved the scale in shots in It’s a Mad Mad Mad World. It constantly reminded you of where everyone is with these beautifully angled shots. RED wasn’t a bad movie but it just wasn’t as creative as It’s a Mad Mad Mad World was.  I mean RED isn’t a bad movie to go watch if you have nothings else going on at that time but it’s definitely not a movie worth missing something for.

1 comment:

  1. I think it's pretty funny that you said both movies contain an old cast. I also realized that a mad mad mad mad world was completely similar to Rat Race. I could not find many similarities at all either. Funny post
    Brittany Franzoy

    ReplyDelete