11.20.2010

Megamind and The Pink Panther


“Megamind” & “Young Frankenstein”
Megamind and Young Frankenstein are both part of the comedy genre. Megamind is about super villain Megamind’s journey to the good side. Young Frankenstein is about Dr. Frankenstein’s grandson continuing his grandfather’s life work. I would like to start by saying I had never seen Young Frankenstein before we watched it in class and with it’s reputation as “the funniest comedy of all time” I thought it was going to be good but I thought the comedy in it was too over the top. Even with Gene Wilder in the movie it wasn’t that good. The actors in Young Frankenstein seemed like they had to attempt to be funny instead of just letting funny happen in their lines. Megamind on the other hand I thought was a good movie. It’s not a great movie but a nice movie to go watch. The dialogue it Megamind was a lot more funnier then what it was in Young Frankenstein. Also, Young Frankenstein was way to predictable in what was about to happen. I’m not saying that Megamind was incredibly unpredictable but no body likes movies that you know what’s about to happen. Even with Young Frankenstein’s reputation, I liked Megamind so much better then I did Young Frankenstein. I liked Megamind more just simply for the fact that I felt I had lost some intelligence after watching Young Frankenstein.

1 comment:

  1. haha nice I agree we may have all lost some intelligence after that trash. I agree that megamind was the funnier movie. Young Frankenstien just didn't have ability to stay relevant the jokes were just stale.

    ReplyDelete