11.15.2010

Red


RED
2.5 stars. RED is a comedy/action movie about former CIA agent Frank Moses who is played by Bruce Willis trying to survive from being killed by hot shot CIA agent William Cooper played by Karl Urban along with the rest of the CIA because the government is trying to cover up an event that Moses was apart of in the 80’s. Frank and his friend Sarah played by Mary-Louise Parker, who works as a telephone operator for the company that Moses gets his retirement checks from, are on the run as he tries to uncover why he is all of a sudden a target of the CIA’s. Moses goes to each one of his old friends to let them know that they are all now targeted by the CIA. Frank along with his friends Joe played by Morgan Freeman, Marvin played by John Malkovich, and Victoria who is played by Helen Mirren all come together to try to stop the CIA from executing their plan to kill anyone with any knowledge of a covert mission that took place decades earlier.  
I’m not the biggest Bruce Willis fan but I did like his acting in this movie and I really movie as well. I definitely just liked the overall acting in this movie especially with since I am a Morgan Freeman fan. I also liked the action scenes in this movie especially the scene where Helen Mirren is fighting of the CIA in the kitchen with her Uzi. The thing about the movie is I didn’t really like the story. I mean it wasn’t a bad one but it wasn’t really a great one either.
Red is an ok movie but I feel that it was too predictable and the comedy was a little bit over the top. I thought it was going to be better then what it actually was and it could’ve been a lot better if the writers would’ve been a bit more creative in the action sequence part of the story.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Buddy,

    Unfortunately, I don't feel that there is a lot of substance to this review. The actual discussion session of you review is shorter than you summary. Also, you don't support anything that you say. You tell us that you like something, but never give us examples from the film that prove what you are saying. If you are trying to convince someone to watch a film (or not watch it), you need to give them reasons why they should believe you.

    I would also suggest rereading and/or reading out loud, your review before submitting it. There are a few problems in here that make your review difficult to read.

    I am sure that with some tweeks you will be heading in the direction and I look forward to reading some future work!

    ReplyDelete